Friday, September 2, 2011

First Post


Welcome to my blog (that was original).  I hope that my originality ramps up from here on out as you read about how I see the world.  This Guy in Hainesville’s views are certainly not going to be mainstream.  While the world, and the media, keep telling us we need to listen to the “experts”, I think, and hope, this “Guy in Hainesville” can be even more enlightening.  Let me know what you think. 

With blogs springing up everywhere I felt compelled to join this chorus of voices.    I am not without my influences in the blogging realm however.  My goal is to make this blog a cross between John McTernans’ Insights and All Along the WatchTower.  And no that last site is not about  Dylan songs. 

While those guys have specific topics they address, from spiritual to economic preparedness, I hope to touch not only on those things but also talk about issues ranging from pop culture, like U2’s music, to geo-politics and the global economy.  You might be thinking oh joy the global economy, that sounds like fun!  Well it is interesting how everything does seem to be inter-connected. 

I will also dive into the media and their impact on society.  And last, but not least, I will discuss religion and Christianity.   This blog will be successful if after reading here you come away knowing those two words are not redundant.

I see the gap between events in the material world and the spiritual world narrowing day by day.  They affect each other.  As you read on, you will see how.  I can’t see one issue without a successful cross-reference with the other.  Feel free to ask me about a subject and I will do my best to tell you how I see it. 

I welcome you on this journey of discovery.  Please join me in talking about these issues.  This blog is not just me talking to the ether, it is, hopefully, you talking back too.  I would love to hear what you have to say because I am no certainly no expert but simply …

A Guy in Hainesville.

1 comment:

  1. ...incline your ear to wisdom,
    and apply your heart to understanding;
    Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
    and lift your voice for understanding,
    If you seek her as silver,
    and search for her as hidden treasures;
    Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
    and find the knowledge of God.
    Proverbs 2:2-5

    ReplyDelete